Thursday, August 18, 2011


Yesterday, we came home from an exhausting doctor's visit, the breathing tests kill me, and our power was out.  So, no oxygen concentrator, and it was 106 in the shade.  So, what to do?  The pool, of course, but Mark had to jump the fence to get to the back door, since the chain was on the front door and the electric garage door obviously wasn't working!  So, he made the big jump, bent his glasses all to hell (I think he landed on them), and bruised his hands and feet. He is a tenderfoot, too, his poor feet!

Anyway, we finally got into the house, and it was so hot we immediately put on the suits and went on out, determined to stay until the power came back on.  The problem with the plan was that the waiting period was predicted to be over two more hours.  Now, I can breathe well in the pool, for whatever reason, and that was ok without the air, but over two hours in the sun was kinda scary with my pale Germanic skin.  Mark, of course, is descended from sturdy Cajuns, and he turns a gorgeous deep brown and never has a problem except on the top of his sweet balding head.

Fortunately, within about an hour, our usual pool-time duration, the air conditioner groaned to money-eating life.  The oxygen concentrator was restored, and it was safe again to go inside.

Today was another day of setting up doctors' visits and other depressing stuff. Mark was sore of feet and hands.   Sooooo, another trip to the pool, and when we came in, Mark's ouchies were a little better from the nice swim.  And then, my gorgeous beads for the Bead Soup Blog Party had arrived from my party partner, Pat Haight, and they are just delightful!  Another potentially yucky day saved by a big ol' swimming pool and some small and not-so-small beads, links, clasps and doo-dads!  Thanks, Pat!

1 comment:

Lori Anderson, Pretty Things said...

I can't torch in the heat -- my A/C is pointless with the doors to the studio open. And I just got a new OxyCon -- haven't had the chance to try it out!