Friday, September 30, 2011

No more whining!

Today, I am officially out of pain meds, and done whining about my tummy.  Tuesday, 10/4, two great things will be happening to me.  First, the stitches and drain are coming out!  Second, I get to publish my Michelle Mach Oct blog hop piece.  For those of you who have watched my last two pieces, Michelle's last hop piece, and Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Blog Party necklace, this one may surprise.  For the last two, I used a kind of collage approach, trying to enhance each challenge bit that I used individually.  I also used a lot of metal and wire wrapping.  For this new one, you will see more of a unified approach, and mostly beads.  I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I have enjoyed making it!

I just love doing challenges, even if they are ones I issue myself.  I think it's important that, as artists, we push our own boundaries, use skills that push us past limits, incorporate colors outside our comfort zones and generally rebel a bit whenever we get just a little too comfortable.  Getting the mojo working!



No comments: