Sunday, September 18, 2011

Hello blog buddies!

Well, I will be out of commission, starting on Thursday, 9/22, for about a week.  I am having hernia surgery. (Who knew that girls get hernias?  I never even thought about it!)  The surgery itself is pretty straightforward, the surgeon just closes up the hernia with some plastic mesh.  (Hmm, I wonder if that mesh can be used in mixed media art???  Maybe I can scam a spare piece, LOL.)

The scary part of the surgery is that I have a lung condition, and they are concerned about getting me off the ventilator.  They have already postponed it once over this, and I had to submit to more tests and listen to more doctor stuff.  These guys need to lighten up.  I am scared, but intend to sail through the surgery and come out stronger and healthier than before.  Now, all I have to do is get my body to cooperate!

So, I will be thinking good thoughts, saying little prayers, and generally trying to make the best vibrations around me in my little corner of the universe.  I'll have hubby post updates to my Facebook wall http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001566498661, and I'll be back online as soon as I am able.

Thanks to all of you, too, who said such nice things about my Bead Soup Blog Party piece.  I am trying to look at all of them, but it's slow going because I get all involved and have to read all about the pieces, and check them out, and write comments where I can, so it may take awhile, but be patient.  I am cruisin' as quickly as I can!  Hope to see yours soon, if I haven't already.  What a fun party this has been, and thanks and serious props to Lori Anderson for her great work!

1 comment:

Terri said...

Wishing you a speed recover and i hope it all goes well! See ya when you get back!