Sunday, May 11, 2014

BSBP8 Finally!

First of all props and much love to Lori Anderson who, somehow, through illness and obstacles, shepherded this whole crazy thing.  Second, sorry I am a little late.  I have a few problems of my own.

Well, when I got my beads from Menka Gupta, I was thrilled!  She sent pearls, crystals, tiny silver stars, earring findings and an amazing hand focal.  I admit, it took me awhile to decide what to make, because I am basically a seed beader.

So I went through my stash (which is so very large, it lives in a room we call the warehouse).  I found some bright waxed linen, some scrap suede and some cute brads that had a place to hang something from.

An idea hit me to go tribal sort of, with a theme of sand and sea, or night and day.  So here it is laid out flat.



Here it is on the mannequin.  Sorry for the bad pics, I am having some issues with shaking and my eyes, so things come out a little sub-par.






I hope you all enjoy the blog hop, and that everyone had as much fun as I did!!

25 comments:

Unknown said...

wow - that is a statement piece! after seeing this creation and your beaded tree piece, I'd say you love art pieces. Very creative!

Mary K. McGraw said...

Looks like you had fun putting this necklace together.

Alicia said...

Oh, wow, that's a brilliant piece! Truly a statement necklace - gorgeous!

Genny said...

How unique! Your imagination knows no bounds! What a beautiful art piece you made.

Unknown said...

Oh wow! That is truly a unique, one of a kind, statement necklace. You should be proud. Great job!

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Oh my, that is so cool, Mary!

Maire of Thistledown said...

All of your pieces are so different! I think each design is always unique and a piece of artwork.
Hope you are doing better, sorry you are having problems with your eyes again.

createmyworld said...

Such a unique piece! Looks like you had lots of fun creating it!

bailaora said...

What an interesting creation!!!Really inspiring mixed media work!

WindDancerStudios said...

Definitely a unique and colorful statement piece. Extremely creative of you!

Anvil Artifacts said...

Calling your necklace a Statement piece is an understatement. Great job! Hope you feel better soon.

roomforchange said...

Gosh this is a real statement piece very unique and fantastic!!

la mar de bonita said...

Your necklace is sure one of the most creatives I've seen in this BSBP! Great work, Mary!

Kari Asbury said...

Fantastic statement! Love all the elements and the way you chose to pull everything together...gorgeous!

Linda A. said...

WOW! Quite a piece! Such incredible workmanship and creativity! =) Job well done!

Linda A.
http://fromTheBeadBoard.blogspot.com
http://cherryOnTopDesign.co

Ann Schroeder said...

This is something that would be so fun to see in person - so many elements to examine. Great work with your soup!

Tammy Adams said...

Wow. That necklace really makes a statement. I am jealous that your stash has it's own room. And a large one at that. Very unique design.

Cris Peacock said...

Wow! What a beautiful and unusual necklace! Love what you made!!

Anonymous said...

So unusual! I do love a tribal piece and this one is definitely one of a kind!

Kepi said...

So very unique, what a fabulous piece of art!

CraftyHope said...

Holy moley! That necklace definitely makes a statement. I like that you did such a mix of the beads you received in your soup. It came together so nicely.

Barb Fernald said...

That necklace looks like it would be a whole heck of a lot of fun to wear!! I bet it was fun to make too. So amazing!

bairozan said...

Very artful statement piece! I don't know if this was an intended effect but the picture on the mannequin after the first two picture was astonishing! Such a complex design, so many textures & some recycling, I guess - very inspirational!

Clipping Path said...


Awesome post.Thanks for sharing.This is so nice.

damon salvator said...

Thank you For Sharing Such An Excellent Post Enjoyed Reading It.

Regards : microsoft365.com/setup